Did you weigh in this week? I’m really behind, so apologies for not writing before now! I posted the Week One Weigh-In in our Facebook Group if you’re participating in the 2019 Keto Challenge with us, or you can weigh in here on this post instead if you prefer…

Keto SnacksWe started the challenge a week ago Wednesday. You can see what I had on Wednesday and Thursday.

And here’s what I ate on Friday and Saturday – those were my last two updates.

This week I’ve been eating super simple, so I’ll just give you a quick photo tour of my keto meals.

I cooked a little too! I made one of my all time favorite keto recipes. 🙂

My weight is fluctuating a little this week, it’s doing that normal hold/fluctuate thing you’ll often notice during week two and/or three. That’s totally normal – it’s just your body adjusting to the initial weight loss.

The key is to power through that spell and just keep doing what’s obviously working!

My Super Simple Keto Meals This Week

Quick, easy low carb finger foods make for a good lunch on busy days.

This was 45 grams of raw pecan halves, 1.34 ounces of colby jack cheese sliced off the block, 2 ounces of Oscar Mayer rotisserie chicken slices. 😉😋

Keto Snack Plate - Low Carb Lunch Ideas

The Bunless Baconator from Wendy’s. My order: “no bun, no ketchup, just in a tray please.” (2 carbs)

… x2 so I had another keto meal on hand for the next day! 😋🥓

My idea of keto meal prep. 🤣

Keto Fast Food - Wendy's Bunless Baconator

This made for a delicious breakfast!

Lolli’s Low Carb Granola (Gingerbread Cookie flavor) with FBOMB Macadamia Sea Salt nut butter drizzled over the top. ❤

Easy Keto Fat Bombs

Keto Spinach Bread Recipe

I made up a batch of this using my basic low carb biscuit recipe for these. It’s a very versatile recipe so you can basically add whatever you want. ⁣

I took the base recipe and added an entire bag of Pictsweet Cut Leaf Spinach to it…⁣

🔸1 cup Almond Meal/Flour⁣
🔸2 TBSP melted butter⁣
🔸2 large eggs⁣
🔸1 tsp baking powder ⁣
🔸1 6oz bag Kraft Finely Shredded Parmesan⁣
🔸Pictsweet Cut Leaf Spinach (whole bag- steamed)⁣
🔸I add garlic powder to taste⁣

I steamed the spinach in the bag first and let it cool, then squeezed the water out. ⁣

I melted the butter, whisked the eggs, and mixed all the ingredients together with my hands (like you would a meatloaf).⁣

Then I pattied them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and baked them at 350 degrees until done. ⁣I flip mine once because I like them lightly browned on both sides. That’s it! 🙂

Spincah Bread Keto Recipe

You can make them smaller and rounder for “biscuits” and you can get 12 of those out of a batch. For sandwiches I made eight larger flat pieces.

I ate turkey sandwiches on them.

My pieces are 2.5 net carbs each, but it depends on how big you make them and how many you get out of a batch – and your brands/labels. ⁣Plus I count 0.4 carbs for each egg and 1 carb for each ounce of cheese. 😉

Keto Sandwich on Spinach Bread

I made 8 pieces out of my batch, so I had three sandwiches like that this week – and ate the last two with Laughing Cow creamy swiss spread on them. Yum!

I actually had the last sandwich for breakfast this morning, then had a couple of the FBOMB packs on the road today for lunch:

Keto Fat Bombs On The Go

… and cheesy eggs for dinner tonight:

My Go-To Keto Meal

I ended the day with 16 net carbs and 81% of my calories in healthy fats.

Speaking of FBOMB – and I could LIVE on those things! They’re great for drizzling over things, or just plain handy on the go (or traveling or hiking!).

Anyway, they now make Keto Krunch cheese chips too – and in three different flavors. I have never liked baked cheese products. I find them entirely too salty for my taste, but I know a lot of people LOVE them… and this company makes good CLEAN food. 😉

Keto Krunch Low Carb Chips

(and mostly I just thought my picture of them came out pretty and wanted to share it with you 🙂 lol)

 

Friday night I’ll be in Nashville at the Southern Keto Cookbook Tour event, and I’m really looking forward to it. Those are always fun!

I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know Natasha (the author) from some of our local Nashville keto get-togethers, and discovered she lives closer to me – and near some of my favorite hiking spots!

Southern Keto Cookbook Tour

This is Natasha’s book: Southern Keto: 100+ Traditional Food Favorites for a Low-Carb Lifestyle I can’t wait to go to her talk in Nashville! I’ll be sure to get some pictures to share with you. 🙂

If you’re planning to be there too (Nashville, Friday night), message or email me – maybe we can meet up for dinner before the book signing event! 🙂

How are things going with you?

Don’t forget to weigh in

Leave a comment and let’s chat!:)

Best,
Lynn Terry,
aka @LowCarbTraveler

 

instagram low carb @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler pinterest low carb

 



Netrition – The Internet’s Premier Nutrition Superstore!


Low Carb Snack Box