Thursday’s Low Carb Meals, Surprise Weight Loss & Keto Lies

Keto SnacksMy weight has been dropping this week as I got back into ketosis after ketone testing last weekend.

It always feels like the scales are just fluctuating a little bit, and never really moving down.

Do you ever feel that way too?

My weight finally dropped a little bit this morning like I said, and as I was logging that in MyFitnessPal… I looked back over all of my 2019 weight entries so far.

It turns out I’ve lost 7.6 pounds since the New Year. That’s actually GREAT for me in just over 2 months! Especially considering how close I am to goal weight – because those last 10 or 20 pounds are the MOST stubborn. 😉

I weigh 143.8 today, by the way. I’m just over 5’4″ tall, short waisted and long legged, wear a size 8 / size medium – and am maybe 4 pounds over my “feeling my best!” weight.

On to my food diary… and this makes the third day in a row. You can see Tuesday’s meals here and you can see Wednesday’s meals here – and below is what I ate yesterday.

Thursday’s Low Carb Meals

I love to sneak berries in where I can, and this time of year that means frozen berries – but they are full of nutrients and have lots of health benefits! The key with keto is to enjoy them in moderation of course.

I eat 18 grams (or 1/8 cup) of blueberries or raspberries usually, which are just enough to add LOTS of flavor but still keep it super low carb.

With my breakfast yesterday I had a serving of each in my keto cereal: 18 grams of blueberries and 18 grams of raspberries. The cereal is Lolli’s Low Carb Granola (Cinnamon Pecan Crunch), and I used unsweetened almond milk.

Gluten Free Cereal - Keto Breakfast Ideas

I originally had 3 servings of the granola in my bowl, but couldn’t finish it all at breakfast because I got busy with work.

I stuck the bowl in the refrigerator, and then added another serving of granola to it and finished it for lunch. Even hours later the granola didn’t get soggy in the milk. I love that – it tastes like fresh baked cookies.

I swear you cannot ruin it no matter what you do! lol

For dinner I had 3 links of spinach feta chicken sausage left so I fried those up in butter and had them over what was left of my baby spinach. I drizzled the rest of the hot butter over the spinach too, and added a tbsp of fresh parmesan.

Fast Easy Keto Meal Ideas

That was quick, easy & delicious!

Oh, and I had an ounce of colby jack cheese on the side – sliced off the block. I also had 4 coffees yesterday, with sugar free Coffee-Mate hazelnut powdered creamer.

Here’s how I logged those meals…

MyFitnessPal Keto Food Diary for Thursday

MyFitnessPal Keto Food Diary with LCHF Macros

1526 Calories
14 Net Carbs
Protein: 67 grams
79% Fat, 18% Protein

How To Get Net Carbs In MyFitnessPal (Free)

You’ll notice that Protein is only 18% of my total daily calories, yet I had 67 grams of protein. The recommended daily amount of protein for women is 46 grams a day.

So while I’m eating “high fat” I’m also getting *plenty* of protein. This is why you can’t go by grams, but rather have to go by ratios or percentages. 😉

I keep it really simple: 20 net carbs max & 70% fat minimum.

See this link for a detailed explanation & illustration of proper macro ratios:

Keto Macros & Tracking Made Simple

 

I ran to Kroger today for laundry detergent, and decided to grab a few things while I was there. It’s cold and rainy this weekend (Friday and Saturday at least) so I figured I might want to stay in and cook a little. 😉

I got eggs and water of course, plus: macadamia nuts, hamburger patties, beef tips to put in the slow cooker, broccoli slaw, cauliflower rice, colby jack cheese blocks & string cheese, cream cheese and a couple of Atkins meals – you know, in case I change my mind about that cooking thing. 😛

Kroger - Keto Groceries

 

Now that I’m back in ketosis and my glucose and ketone levels have stabilized, I’m back in testing mode. I was actually able to test TWO things today, one of which I was just double checking because it tested well before – but I wanted to make sure. So I was still in a good place to do another test.

I don’t LOVE the first food but the second one is a KETO FAVORITE (and the source of a big fat lie around the web!), so I’ll share the details and results of both in a post as soon as I get time – and have all the numbers together. 😉

I’m still working out the details though on the product that knocked me out of ketosis. I’ll be testing it again as soon as I know my numbers are stable.

Stay tuned, lots of interesting results to share with you!

How are things going with you?

Leave a comment and let’s chat!:)

Best,
Lynn Terry,
aka @LowCarbTraveler

 

instagram low carb @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler pinterest low carb

 



Netrition – The Internet’s Premier Nutrition Superstore!


Low Carb Snack Box

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments