Keto Food Diary: Wednesday’s Low Carb Meals & Macros

Keto SnacksMy Low Carb Meals on Wednesday

I had coffee on Wednesday morning and got wrapped up in work so I didn’t eat until almost lunchtime.

I don’t usually eat big meals in the morning anyway, usually a snack type meal around mid-morning.

I had an Atkins Crustless Chicken Pot Pie microwave meal in the freezer so I whipped up another batch of Cheddar Drop Biscuits from the Southern Keto Cookbook and had two of those (wait, 2 1/2 biscuits – lol) and mostly dipped it into the yummy sauce.

(I only ate half the Atkins meal because those biscuits are very filling!)

Easy Low Carb Lunch Ideas with Atkins Meals

Aaron was working from my home office with me yesterday, so he ate the same – plus the other half of my Atkins meal I didn’t finish.

He LOVES the Keto Drop Biscuits btw, which is why I made them again. 😉

All of the recipes in that cookbook are super easy with simple everyday ingredients. You can get it at Costco stores, Barnes & Noble too I think, and on Amazon of course.

The biscuits come out perfect every single time!

Keto Cheddar Drop Biscuits

I had another biscuit later in the afternoon plus an Iced Coffee from Starbucks. If you’ve read my post at that link you know I just log the HWC (Heavy Whipping Cream) because it’s the only thing in my iced coffee with any macronutrients. 😉

Starbucks Iced Coffee - Keto Friendly

It was a GORGEOUS day here in Tennessee, so Aaron and I went to Smooth Rapids for dinner. It’s a nice local place with kayak rentals and game nights, plus a restaurant with patio seating on the river.

The menu is limited but they do have great wings, and their side salad (the only keto side) is fabulous. It’s a basket full of super fresh spring greens, so I got that with my entree:

Keto Sides Fresh Spring Green Salad

For my meal, I ordered the hamburger steak. It comes with toast & sauce, which I skipped of course. But I did eat the grilled red onions this time, about half of them anyway. They were delicious! 😉

(I don’t normally like onions. It’s a texture thing. I love the flavor though, so I usually scrape them off – but these, I ate!)

Keto Restaurant Meal Ideas - Smooth Rapids, TN

That hamburger steak was PERFECT. Not very photogenic, but so delicious!!

I had three coffees yesterday with Coffee-Mate sugar free hazelnut powdered creamer, plus five waters (40 ounces). Here’s how I logged my meals for the day…

MyFitnessPal Food Diary for Wednesday

MyFitnessPal Keto Food Diary with Net Carbs and LCHF Macros

1680 Calories
19 Net Carbs
Protein: 91 grams
72% Fat, 23% Protein

How To Get Net Carbs In MyFitnessPal (Free)

You’ll notice that Protein is only 23% of my total daily calories, yet I had 91 grams of protein. The recommended daily amount of protein for women is 46 grams a day.

So while I’m eating “high fat” I’m also getting *plenty* of protein.

This is why you can’t go by grams, but rather have to go by ratios or percentages. See this link for a detailed explanation & illustration of proper macro ratios:

Keto Macros & Tracking Made Simple

 

As you can see, eating keto or sticking to a low carb lifestyle doesn’t have to be complicated. I rarely cook and still get by just fine. 😉

I do love making up things like low carb muffins or keto drop biscuits because those can last me several meals. Otherwise I don’t do any intentional “meal prep” – I just keep it simple and keep low carb foods on hand, or go grab dinner somewhere -lol.

Of course you can easily make a hamburger steak & salad at home too. I like to put spinach in mine! See: Low Carb Spinach Burger Recipe

Speaking of muffins, I made some DELICIOUS low carb blueberry muffins this week. I’ll share the recipe with you in my next post, because I made a few modifications and they were even better than usual…

How are things going with you?

Leave a comment and let’s chat!:)

Best,
Lynn Terry,
aka @LowCarbTraveler

 

instagram low carb @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler @lowcarbtraveler pinterest low carb

 



Netrition – The Internet’s Premier Nutrition Superstore!


Low Carb Snack Box

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments